Clergy (a person in Holy Orders) and authorised lay ministers must hold a Clearance for Ministry granted by Kooyoora stating they are fit to hold the proposed role, office or position in the Church. A new Clearance for Ministry must be obtained for each new role, office or position.
Requirements for each Clearance for Ministry:
- By applicant:
- Clearance for Ministry Application (Safe Ministry Check)
- Police check (National)
- Current WWCC (Working With Children Card)
- Letter of Good Standing (If applicant is coming from another diocese or denomination)
- International police check if applicant has lived, worked or travelled in a country overseas for more than one year in the last 10 years as an adult.
- By Kooyoora:
- Anglican National Register check
- Professional Standards Check (from other dioceses)
- Kooyoora register check
Kooyoora will process applications according to the Clearance for Ministry Protocol