For institutions, Kooyoora Ltd can manage your complaints process to ensure that it commands respect and integrity in the eyes of both complainants and respondents by–
- offering a fair independent and impartial approach
- looking to the welfare of survivors of abuse
- alerting you to systemic issues that deserve attention
- assisting you to comply with the requirements of the State’s reportable conduct scheme for child sexual abuse to which you may be subject.
We will help you meet the child safe standards–
- prescribed by your State or Territory Government and
- those recommended by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
We can consult with you about the design of your complaints process and how it can work alongside your internal HR systems. A sound complaints handling system has significant social and economic value to both the institution and the community. It can strengthen staff moral and aid in improving productivity. It can serve to protect the community.
“Our case studies revealed numerous instances where institutions ignored or minimised complaints, engaged in poor investigation standards, and did not assess and manage risks to the safety of children in their care.”
Final Report of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, Improving complaint handling by institutions vol 7 p13.
See also The social and economic value of the adoption of complaints handling systems by Australian charities, Dr Sue-Anne Wallace AM FAICD